Thursday, April 7, 2011

Be Inspired Challenge: Spring

Spring is fresh! It is new, but vintage. It's the mark of old things fading and exciting new beginnings. Spring is happy & bright, playful & whimsy, crisp & green. Spring is discovering beauty, character, & stories told within rusted wheelbarrows, wild flowers, and melted ice. Spring is the calm after the storm. Spring is the laughter of a child, the warmth of a mother, the love of a father & the kindness of God. - CurlyHeir

I got inspired to participate in a photography challenge asking, "what does spring mean to you?". I am submitting this recent photo I took of Makaila which I feel perfectly envelopes just what it means to me! On a side note, upon random conversation, we have decided whom everyone in our family would be if they were an animal (I dont know why, we just have)... and ironically Meeka has always been known as the "bunny" among the rest of us. How fitting?! ;)
I got to capture this picture thanks to divine, natural opportunity in our own, overgrown backyard, of all places! Yes, embarrassingly overgrown, however with the right view point it has been able to be used as a backdrop of something completely beautiful... and that makes me proud!
Feel free to check out more inspirations and challenges over at the Jessica Feely Blog!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Excellent Photo,
Looks like you have a good Camera!
Best Regards,
-Tony and Family.