Friday, April 1, 2011

Warm weather tastes like family sweetness




This week has brought forth some very warm days. While the heat can be uncomfortable at times, I enjoyed taking advantage of the opportunities that warm weather ushers in. The theme this week seemed to be food, family, outdoor activities, and did I mention food? :) It's no secret I am a self proclaimed fan of food. It's not only that I enjoy eating it, but I get inspired by the atmosphere we can create around it.

We spent much more time outside, at the park, & going for strolls than we had in the past few months! These summer-like days gave the husband, kids, & I an appetite for summer food. We had to get some good ol' cherry chip & pistachio ice cream. We took a lil walk and happened to be near a new sandwich shop that had a pretty good special- Kid's eat for a $1 with every adult meal. Deal's always makes things taste that much sweeter! It was a nice change of pace for dinner. The subs were not only flavorful, but generously sized and they even make them with freshly sliced meats!

This week was also my mother in law's birthday. We had a nice lunch at another recently established place. Again, delicious food & great specials. This Mexican restaurant serves lunch specials for only $3.99! Now, I expected a mini version of one of their regular dishes, but to my pleasant surprise, it was not only a very full sized plate, but amazing food! Ok... I'm hungry again :/

For dinner my mother in law specifically requested hot dogs! I think the weather got the best of most of us. So a home cooked dinner it was!

The kid's played outside & went to the park for a little while.

While they waited around for dinner to be done they ate popsicles.




Rob cooked up some bacon wrapped hot dogs...


Coney Island style chili...



and of course... the onions (but, yuck for me).



Mom in law's upside down pineapple cake was pure heaven!




No comments: